The White Road (Nightrunner #5) 
Having escaped death and slavery in Plenimar, Alec and Seregil want nothing more than to go back to their nightrunning life in RhÃminee. Instead they find themselves saddled with Sebrahn, a strange, alchemically created creature—the prophesied “child of no woman.” Its moon-white skin and frightening powers make Sebrahn a danger to all whom Alec and Seregil come into contact with, leaving them no choice but to learn more about Sebrahn’s true nature.
With the help of trusted friends and Seregil’s clan, the duo set out to discover the truth about this living homunculus—a journey that can lead only to danger or death. For Seregil’s old nemesis Ulan à Sathil of Virèsse and Alec’s own long-lost kin are after them, intent on possessing both Alec and Sebrahn. On the run and hunted, Alec and his comrades must fight against time to accomplish their most personal mission ever.
The first three books in this series are still my favs, but I did enjoy this installment, and more than book 4. I really loved getting more of Mikum--the most since book 2!--and learning more about Alec's mom's people and Sebrahn. As predicted, we got more of Ilar as well, which honestly, just makes me feel sad and uncomfortable. I sort of wish the author would just kill him off and put us all out of our misery...
Give Alec i Amasa a break challenge. Like all the books before it, this one was so good!! I definitely got more emotional pain out of it though, and my heart hurts and goes out to Alec. Though honestly, it feels like every time he wants something desperately it is destined to get taken away from him. Such is the life of a Watcher. Now I'm on to read Glimpses and book 6 later <3

Not a full five stars this time. Something was a bit off with the writing in the beginning. I remember thinking I had confused the writing in the first ones, but after a few chapters, the stilted dialog and the short sentences became more fluid and descriptive, just like I remembered.I also remember loving Seregil's humor and one-liners in the previous books, but none of that occured here. Yes, the topic is pretty nasty, and the tone of the book is very sad and desperate, so perhaps it was a
Not my favorite of the series thus far, but a fun, pleasant adventure. I think if you're especially interested in the rhekaro you might enjoy it more. And the pacing was good, a quicker read than some of the others in the series.
Give Alec i Amasa a break challenge. Like all the books before it, this one was so good!! I definitely got more emotional pain out of it though, and my heart hurts and goes out to Alec. Though honestly, it feels like every time he wants something desperately it is destined to get taken away from him. Such is the life of a Watcher. Now I'm on to read Glimpses and book 6 later <3
The series started to drag last book and this one was a trial compared to the others, but I'm hopeful for the next.
Lynn Flewelling
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 385 pages Rating: 3.97 | 5486 Users | 259 Reviews

Present Of Books The White Road (Nightrunner #5)
| Title | : | The White Road (Nightrunner #5) |
| Author | : | Lynn Flewelling |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 385 pages |
| Published | : | May 25th 2010 by Spectra (first published October 27th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. LGBT. Romance. M M Romance. Fiction |
Ilustration During Books The White Road (Nightrunner #5)
Dissolute nobles, master spies, and the unlikeliest of heroes, Alec and Seregil have survived exile, treachery, and black magic. But the road that lies ahead is the most hazardous they’ve ever traveled. For with enemies on all sides, they must walk a narrow path between good and evil where one misstep might be their last.Having escaped death and slavery in Plenimar, Alec and Seregil want nothing more than to go back to their nightrunning life in RhÃminee. Instead they find themselves saddled with Sebrahn, a strange, alchemically created creature—the prophesied “child of no woman.” Its moon-white skin and frightening powers make Sebrahn a danger to all whom Alec and Seregil come into contact with, leaving them no choice but to learn more about Sebrahn’s true nature.
With the help of trusted friends and Seregil’s clan, the duo set out to discover the truth about this living homunculus—a journey that can lead only to danger or death. For Seregil’s old nemesis Ulan à Sathil of Virèsse and Alec’s own long-lost kin are after them, intent on possessing both Alec and Sebrahn. On the run and hunted, Alec and his comrades must fight against time to accomplish their most personal mission ever.
List Books To The White Road (Nightrunner #5)
| Original Title: | The White Road |
| ISBN: | 055359009X (ISBN13: 9780553590098) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Nightrunner #5 |
| Characters: | Alec à Amasa of Kerry, Seregil à Korit Solun Meringil Bôkthersa |
| Literary Awards: | Gaylactic Spectrum Award Nominee for Best Novel (2011) |
Rating Of Books The White Road (Nightrunner #5)
Ratings: 3.97 From 5486 Users | 259 ReviewsWrite-Up Of Books The White Road (Nightrunner #5)
The fifth book in Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunners series was as engaging as the previous four. With so much fantasy being written these days, some of it regrettably hackneyed, it is great to find an author whose world-building is fresh and whose characters are so engaging, warts and all, they become real to the reader. Each book in the series deepens your understanding of the principal characters and introduces interesting new characters. I especially appreciate the way the author weaves plotThe first three books in this series are still my favs, but I did enjoy this installment, and more than book 4. I really loved getting more of Mikum--the most since book 2!--and learning more about Alec's mom's people and Sebrahn. As predicted, we got more of Ilar as well, which honestly, just makes me feel sad and uncomfortable. I sort of wish the author would just kill him off and put us all out of our misery...
Give Alec i Amasa a break challenge. Like all the books before it, this one was so good!! I definitely got more emotional pain out of it though, and my heart hurts and goes out to Alec. Though honestly, it feels like every time he wants something desperately it is destined to get taken away from him. Such is the life of a Watcher. Now I'm on to read Glimpses and book 6 later <3

Not a full five stars this time. Something was a bit off with the writing in the beginning. I remember thinking I had confused the writing in the first ones, but after a few chapters, the stilted dialog and the short sentences became more fluid and descriptive, just like I remembered.I also remember loving Seregil's humor and one-liners in the previous books, but none of that occured here. Yes, the topic is pretty nasty, and the tone of the book is very sad and desperate, so perhaps it was a
Not my favorite of the series thus far, but a fun, pleasant adventure. I think if you're especially interested in the rhekaro you might enjoy it more. And the pacing was good, a quicker read than some of the others in the series.
Give Alec i Amasa a break challenge. Like all the books before it, this one was so good!! I definitely got more emotional pain out of it though, and my heart hurts and goes out to Alec. Though honestly, it feels like every time he wants something desperately it is destined to get taken away from him. Such is the life of a Watcher. Now I'm on to read Glimpses and book 6 later <3
The series started to drag last book and this one was a trial compared to the others, but I'm hopeful for the next.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.